- 1 Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 liters Water
- 1 tablespoon Margarine
- 5 Shallots, finely sliced, fried
- 1/4 Nutmeg, bruised
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g Potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 150 g Carrots, sliced, shaped into flowers
- 2 Spring onions, cut into small pieces
- 1 spring Chinese parsley, knotted
- 4 Cabbage leaves, cut 2 X 2 cm
- 50 g Snow peas, cut both ends
- 100 g Frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon Flour, mixed with a little water
- Fried shallots
- Simmer chicken in a covered pot until tender.
- Remove the chicken and separate meat from the bones.
- Cut the chicken meat into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat margarine and sauté shallots, nutmeg, cloves, pepper and garlic.
- Add to the boiling stock.
- Add potatoes, carrots, spring onions and Chinese parsley.
- Just before removing from heat, add cabbage, snow peas, peas and flour paste.
- Simmer until cooked and season to taste.
- Garnish with fried shallots and serve hot.